This course focuses on improving the financial literacy of students. The program is designed to help students make sound financial decisions so that they can feel confident about whqat they are doing and the advice they are receiving regarding financial matters.
The following are some of the topics covered:
- Taxation - What is it all about?
- Personal records management - Bills - How to handle them
- Personal budgeting - Making ends meet!
- Buying your first car – What you should know - RAC Guest Speaker
- Financial institutions - Are they really all the same? - Bank Manager
- Savings and investments - Understanding options
- Employment – awards, entitlements, workplace agreements
- Job application, resume
- Financial Protection and Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Shares and ASX
- Marketing – Understanding the techniques that cajole you to purchase
These courses are very useful to students intending to study Accounting and Finance (ATAR) or Certificate II and/or III in Business (Year 11/12).