This course focuses on improving the financial literacy of students and assist students in making sound financial decisions.
The following are some of the topics covered:
- Taxation - What is it all about?
- Personal records management - Bills - How to handle them
- Personal budgeting - Making ends meet!
- Buying your first car – What you should know
- Financial institutions - Are they really all the same?
- Savings and investments - Understanding options
- Employment – awards, entitlements, workplace agreements
- Writing job applications and resumes.
- Financial Protection and Insurance
- Workers' Compensation
- Shares and ASX
- Marketing – Understanding the techniques that cajole you to purchase.
Numerous Guest Speakers from Lawyers to Bank Managers, giving their unbiased advice.
Financial Matters is recommended for all students as financial literacy is imperative in today’s society.
These courses are very useful to students intending to study Accounting and Finance (ATAR) or Certificate II and/or III in Business (Year 11/12).