This course introduces students to the study of Contemporary Music through performance, composition and music technology.
Topic areas include:
- Introductory music theory.
- Introductory notation including standard notation and tablature.
- History of Contemporary Music.
- Rock instrumentation.
- Introductory composition.
- Performance (solo and group).
- Using music technology focusing on Garage Band.
- Live sound production and staging.
- Students may choose to focus on either performance or production.
Those choosing performance should be able to play at least one musical instrument or sing to a reasonable level and should be prepared to perform in front of others.
Certificate II Music