- appreciation of the wonder of physics and the significant contribution physics has made to contemporary society
- understanding that diverse natural phenomena may be explained, analysed and predicted using concepts, models and theories that provide a reliable basis for action
- understanding of the ways in which matter and energy interact in physical systems across a range of scales
- understanding of the ways in which models and theories are refined and new models and theories are developed in physics; and how physics knowledge is used in a wide range of contexts and informs personal, local and global issues
- investigative skills, including the design and conduct of investigations to explore phenomena and solve problems, the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, and the interpretation of evidence
- ability to use accurate and precise measurement, valid and reliable evidence, and scepticism and intellectual rigour to evaluate claims
- ability to communicate physics understanding, findings, arguments and conclusions using appropriate representations, modes and genres.
Tests - 30%
Examinations - 50%
Note – A detailed assessment statement will be provided to students at the commencement of the course.
Calculator (HP30S – buy from school) - $20
Functions–Scientific, non-programmable, solves linear & quadratic equations. You cannot use classpads (from Mathematics) in Science classes, tests and examinations.