Pre-requisites:Students may choose to focus on either performance or production.
Those choosing performance should be able to play at least one musical instrument or sing to a reasonable level and should be prepared to perform in front of others.
This course introduces students to the study of Contemporary Music through performance, composition and music technology.
Topic areas include:
- Introductory music theory.
- Introductory notation including standard notation and tablature.
- History of Contemporary Music.
- Rock instrumentation.
- Introductory composition.
- Performance (solo and group).
- Using music technology focusing on Garage Band.
- Live sound production and staging.