Internet access is expensive and has been provided to assist students' education. Students must use it only with permission, and not in any unauthorised way.
Students will have a monthly limit and risk losing access if they go over that limit. Senior School students will be allocated 2GB and Lower School students 1GB. Certain subject areas may be granted additional access.
Ultimately, it is the responsibility of individual students to ensure their behaviour does not contravene school rules or rules imposed by parents/guardians. The school is aware that definitions of "offensive" and "inappropriate" will vary considerably between cultures and individuals. The school is also aware that no security system is perfect and that there is always the possibility of inappropriate material, intentionally and unintentionally, being obtained and displayed.
Students must not deliberately enter or remain in any site that has any of the following content:
- Nudity, obscene language or discussion intended to provoke a sexual response
- Information about committing any crime
- Information about making or using weapons, booby traps, dangerous practical jokes or "revenge" activities
- Follow school guidelines and procedures when preparing materials for publication on the web
- Not use material from other websites unless they have permission from the person who created the material. If unsure, they should check with their teacher
- Not access any other material that their parents or guardians have forbidden them to see. If students encounter any such site, they must immediately turn off the personal computer and notify a teacher. They should not show the site to their friends first.
Device Policy at Duncraig
Currently ICT is used as a tool for learning which enables all students to have the opportunity to become competent, discriminating, creative and productive users of ICT. Students develop the knowledge, skills and capacity to select and use ICT to inquire, develop new understandings, create and communicate with others in order to participate effectively in society and achieve their academic goals.
All students need to be able to operate, communicate, create, inquire, and recognise the ethical use of ICT in order to apply for jobs and to be a participating member of our community.
For more information about Duncraig SHS ICT click on the links below:
We believe in giving parents some choice on which device their child uses. The following specifications guidelines ensure the device can be supported within the Duncraig SHS network. While we allow tablets a laptop integrates more effectively into our ICT workflow. Devices should comply with the minimum specs listed below:
- Operating System: MAC OSX 10.8 | iOS 8 | Windows 8
- Screen Size: 10 inch (recommended)
- Battery Life: 8 hours (recommended)
You may purchase your device anywhere. However Duncraig has organised device bundles with Winthrop Australia that offer you support advantages with the device collected from the school if it needs servicing. To purchase go directly to the Apple portal or the Windows portal.
BYO Device User Guide
Please download the following user guide for further information and detailed steps on how to connect your device to the Internet at Duncraig Senior High School
Please get in touch with the Network Support Office if you still can't connect or require further information.