The Library is a welcoming and user-centred environment, enriching and supporting the learning and teaching programmes of the school.
The Library Resource Centre is central to implementing, enriching and supporting the teaching and learning program of the Duncraig Senior High School. We are proactive in developing information literate students and supporting an information literate community. The Library Resource Centre offers a wide range of relevant resources and technologies and provides the help and support students need to become effective and critical users of ideas and information. Students are empowered as independent learners and knowledge builders. Learning programmes foster competence and stimulate interest in using information and ideas. Teacher Librarians work with other staff to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students and to fully integrate information literacy outcomes into the curriculum.
The Library Resource Centre strives to:
- Empower students to be independent learners throughout their lives, ensuring that they are effective users of ideas and information.
- Collaborate with other teachers to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
- Provide a wide range of relevant resources, services and technologies to satisfy the varied curriculum and recreational needs of its users.
- Promote a reading culture and provides opportunities for users to engage in literature enrichment activities.
- Create a welcoming, user-centred environment with a dynamic learning culture, staffed by skilled, committed and caring professionals.